Old November 15th 03, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

On 13 Nov 2003 18:04:39 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

Jonn, I appreciate the senitments you express, but I would suggest that the
vast majority of those who demonstrate next week, and did so on the previous
marches, are the usual anti-capitalist rent-a-demo anarchists who despise
America for a number of disparate reasons, and would demonstrate against Bush
even if he'd just found a painless cure for World poverty.

Adequate proof that you didn't witness the 1 million-strong demo a few
months back. The snobbishly-worded stereotupes you describe made up a
tiny fraction of those in attendence, the vast majority of whom
covered all aspects of the social and political spectrum. Looking at
the country as a whole, it's clearly bitter Bush-apologists like you
who are the marginalised minority.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk