Old February 14th 08, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default WHy is the central line so much faster?

On 13 Feb, 22:57, "Peter Corser" wrote:
The actual performance of modern stock is electronically controllable (a set
of EPROMS on the Central Line). If you are running mixed stock and/or the
signalling has not been updated the new stock has to match (or not better)
the old in performance terms if the overlaps are not to be compromised.

But the old stock is long since gone to the depot in the sky. Surely
they could turn the wick up a bit on the new stocks by now? I can see
how the signalling would affect max line speed but I don't see why it
should limit the acceleration though.

B2003