Old February 14th 08, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default JLE - anything they should have added at time of building?

"kytelly" wrote in message
On 13 Feb, 16:22, Mizter T wrote:
The other thing that would have been useful would have been if the
East London line platforms at Canada Water had been built to
accommodate 6 or 8 car trains, or at least if some kind of passive
provision had been made for this. As things stand, the short platform
there places a limitation on the length on the new ELLX* trains of 4
cars. I'm not sure whether SDO* could be made to work with regards to
a 5 or 6 car ELLX train at Canada Water, given that it will be a major
interchange station.

Yes I forgotten about that; and while they were at it they could have
closed Rotherhithe and Surrey Quays, put a couple of travelaters in
and centred it all Canada water.

I'd still be fairly sceptical about Rotherhithe ever reopening.

BTN