Old February 14th 08, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default LT strip diagrams in carriages

Mizter T wrote:
On 14 Feb, 17:06, "Richard J." wrote:

It's been like this since at least September 2006, as that's when I
complained to LUL about the District Line diagram showing "Trains to
Heathrow" from Ealing Broadway, which is an advert for a rival
company (Heathrow Connect). I was triggered to do that by an
anxious passenger who had been advised correctly to change to the
Piccadilly at Acton Town, but then noticed the contrary advice on
the line diagram, and asked for my help in resolving his dilemma.

I think it's somewhat absurd to consider provision of such information
in terms of being an "advert for a rival company" - I'm certainly not
in favour of LU readopting their old territorial ways that they used
to have with regards to British Rail / National Rail.

However the specific point you make with regards to Ealing Broadway
being indicated as an interchange point for "Trains to Heathrow" is
one I very much agree with - on seeing the District line diagrams
which featured this the capacity for confusion that they could cause
was one of the first things that came to mind, given that most
Heathrow bound District passengers - in west London at least - will be
looking to change to the Piccadilly at some point.

Perhaps a half way house solution would be to have a box under 'Piccadilly'
at Acton Town reading 'change for Heathrow Airport' as well?

Paul S