Old February 14th 08, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default New DLR rolling stock

On Feb 14, 7:59*pm, MIG wrote:
On Feb 14, 2:33*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 13, 12:25*am, Sky Rider wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
Nothing firm but I'm sure I read that a mid Jan delivery was
anticipated. Don't know what is causing the delay.

Apparently the first set was delivered on 22 December 2007. Thanks to U
Thant for posting a link to the TfL board papers in question.

http://tinyurl.com/2c2g3o(Blogupdate...ww(Boardp....- 06 February 2008)

According to the February Underground News. The unit number is 105,
the first batch of new units will be numbered 101 - 124 and the second
batch 125-155. Delivery of the two batches is likely to be continuous.

I wonder why they couldn't be consistent with numbering in the first
place, if they can handle three digits?

What should have been 100 - 115 were numbered 01 to 16 for no obvious
reason, and now they've started again at 101. *(They might at least
have filled in up to 21 first, numbers of the others that are
departed.)

I understand that when the B2K stock (that numbered 92-99 and 01-16)
was delivered, the computer systems were not set up for three digit
codes for passenger stock. I assume that they've upgraded things now!!