Old February 15th 08, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John[_3_] John[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG query

I only use my PAYG card very infrequently, but think I've been
overcharged. I've registered the card online and checked all the details
of journeys I made on one day recently - and they are correct. The problem
from my point of view relates to a journey where I didn't touch in but did
touch out resulting in a further £4 charge for that day. Not living within
the Tfl area I've only just found out they are allowed to do this i.e.
charge more than the daily price cap, which I consider sharp practice to
say the least, as this means the cap is in fact not the max you can pay.
Is this fact widely known?

However how this happened is what I consider unavoidable - I had a valid
National Rail ticket to Ealing Broadway where I changed to the Central
Line and intended to use my Oystercard. I was already inside the ticket
barrier/touch in button, merely changing platforms and saw no Oyster
readers at the entrance to the Central line platforms. If I failed to spot
them, fair enough, (can anyone confirm this), but surely I'm not expected
to pass through the barriers twice when all I wanted to do was change
trains. Can somebody please clarify this.

John