Old February 15th 08, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Oyster PAYG query

On 15 Feb, 15:35, "John" wrote:
Not living within
the Tfl area I've only just found out they are allowed to do this i.e.
charge more than the daily price cap, which I consider sharp practice to
say the least, as this means the cap is in fact not the max you can pay.
Is this fact widely known?

I think so. Not touching in and out is considered a potential fraud,
so the £4 charge is a sort-of penalty fare rather than part of the
normal charging regime.

If I failed to spot them, fair enough, (can anyone confirm this)

They're kind of behind you as you go through the arch into the Central
Line area.

but surely I'm not expected
to pass through the barriers twice when all I wanted to do was change
trains. Can somebody please clarify this.

They've specially provided freestanding readers for people like you at
just about every NR/tube interchange. You're meant to make sure you
use them (even if it means hunting for them) every time you want to
pay for a journey with PAYG.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London