Old November 15th 03, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

I thought it was Bush who was demanding the whole city got closed down.
Why is no one saying any of this "I have a right to go about my
business" stuff about him? Anyway, is this protest really going to stop
anyone going about their business anyway? I bet it won't affect me.

If Bush's advisers are making the demands you suggest, it can only be because
they have leigitimate concerns that, if the demonstrators got anywhere near
Bush (who is, whether you like it or not, an INVITED GUEST in this Country)
they will do to him what some have already stated they will be doing to his
statue.

It seems to me that those who are demonstrating should be doing so primarily
against Blair, at whose suggestion the invitation was made. Once that
invitation has been given, you can hardly blame Bush for accepting it, and then
wishing his safety to be secured.

Marc.