Old February 16th 08, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(not at home\) tim \(not at home\) is offline

Default Oyster PAYG query

"MIG" wrote in message
On Feb 15, 10:06 pm, "tim \(not at home\)"
wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

On Feb 15, 9:19 pm, Mizter T wrote:

MIG wrote:

I think it's worth acknowledging the difference between being punished
for not touching in/out and being punished for renewing a travelcard
in south london on the day when the Oyster machine is broken

Out of interest, what is there not to work? Aren't they basically sealed
units?

Do they get completely trashed in sarf lundin, or does the power go off,
or
..... something else?

Most often won't read the credit/debit cards. But also non-specific
"out of order" bits of paper stuck on the screen, which may be the
same, but why try ...

Oh you mean the 'ticket' machine. I though you were talking about the
validator.

(I have assumed that you were wanting to 'collect' an online purchase of a
new season ticket by touching the validator. But as I have never had an
Oyster season I really have no idea if it works like this).

tim