Old November 15th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason Rumney Jason Rumney is offline

Default More troublesome bus drivers

"Bluestars" writes:

My comments:

If this happened on a London bus I think some passengers would not have
reacted as calmly as the citizens of Weymouth.

I posted a version of this story to uk.legal. under the heading
'Bus passengers detained and searched', for reaction, as I intuitively I did
not think the actions of the driver and the police were as legal as the
police maintained.

Lets say one of those passengers happened to have £60 in their
pocket. How were the police to know whose £60 it was?