Old February 16th 08, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Oyster PAYG query

On 16 Feb, 16:46, Mizter T wrote:
A recent post here however led me to think that *perhaps* the system
is configured differently, and that if a passenger exits the LU
network (e.g. through gates or touches-out elsewhere) without having
touched-in, but holds a valid Travelcard on their Oyster that
*doesn't* cover the zone their exit station is in, then the passenger
will be given the benefit of the doubt and merely charged the extra
for the zones beyond their Travelcard's validity.

I'm fairly certain this is the case, though I'm surprised they allow
it.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London