Old February 17th 08, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Stop Markers on LU

On Feb 15, 8:42 pm, Andy wrote:
I think that
the North London line is the route limited to 3 car 313s

Correct.

this was
electrified before the DC lines even existed (in 1916). The closure of
Broad Street and extension to North Woolwich was done on the cheap and
I think this was the part with supply problems.

I think there are also power limits on the DC between Camden Road and
Dalston, but could be wrong.

With the closure
beyond Stratford and the electrification of the new platforms there
with AC, I think that any restriction will disappear, as most of the
route will then be AC electrified.

Are they planning to make it all-AC between Camden and Dalston as part
of the remodelling? Would certainly make sense...

The DC Lines from Euston don't have
such the restriction, as they were a busier railway, designed to cope
with the Bakerloo stock all the way to Watford.

Yup.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org