Old November 15th 03, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

(Mait001) wrote the following in:

I thought it was Bush who was demanding the whole city got closed
down. Why is no one saying any of this "I have a right to go about
my business" stuff about him? Anyway, is this protest really going
to stop anyone going about their business anyway? I bet it won't
affect me.

If Bush's advisers are making the demands you suggest, it can only
be because they have leigitimate concerns that, if the
demonstrators got anywhere near Bush (who is, whether you like it
or not, an INVITED GUEST in this Country) they will do to him what
some have already stated they will be doing to his statue.

The demonstrators on the other hand aren't invited guests. They
actually live their lives here, work and earn their living here and
should have a right to express their opinion about a guest they didn't
invite and certainly don't agree with coming here.

It seems to me that those who are demonstrating should be doing so
primarily against Blair, at whose suggestion the invitation was
made.

But it's Bush who they disagree with. I suppose they should also direct
their anger at Bush's mother and father, who allowed him to be born.

Once that invitation has been given, you can hardly blame
Bush for accepting it, and then wishing his safety to be secured.

I don't think it's the accepting of the invitation that they're most
annoyed about.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!