Old February 17th 08, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Harrow Bus Station bottleneck

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:06:11 -0800 (PST), Romanise
wrote:

I have had to use Buses from Tottenham Court Road underground station
for going on to Tottenham Court Road.

There it is the Car traffic from all 4 sides crossing each other.

No it is not. Car traffic can only come from Charing Cross Road
heading north. Tottenham Court Road is one way so no traffic can come
from that direction.

.... although I once saw three pedicabs racing each other side-by-side out of
the southern end of Tottenham Court Road, just as the traffic light for
northward traffic had gone green.

Oxford St and New Oxford Street are both bus and taxi only.

Not really. I think cars can turn left from Great Portland Street or
Rathbone Place and proceed eastward through to New Oxford Street, and cars
coming up Charing Cross Road can turn right before Centerpoint and loop
round to turn left into New Oxford Street and pass into Oxford Street, both
routes being allowed at all times of the day.