Old February 18th 08, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

Default Travel Card vs. Oyster Card

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:13:16 GMT, "John L."
wrote:

I'm taking my family to london this summer and was trying to determine which
card was better - Travel Card or Oyster Card. We'll be traveling within
Zones 1 & 2 mainly.

If you're keeping to the tourist area you probably won't need to use
National Rail (which isn't covered by payg Oyster). Oyster will be
slightly cheaper per day. You'll also score with Oyster any day you
make only a couple of journeys. But there's a £3 deposit - do you
want the hassle of getting it back?

Overall, if you're only here for a few days, buy Travelcards. The
difference in cost is minimal.