Old February 19th 08, 06:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Councils block in illegit driveways

On Feb 18, 9:15 pm, Mark W wrote:
Seems relevant.http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=669655
Though ISTR the figure round here (Cambs) is closer to £1000.

I am pretty sure that near me, on Lavender Avenue, Mitcham, the
council altered the pavement of every house to a slipway, so that cars
could be parked in peoples' front gardens rather than on the pavement.
I'm a pedestrian and I thought that was a good idea - and the pavement
does seem a lot clearer now than a year ago, although I suppose some
people have simply taken the opportunity to buy a second car.

One thing that really bugs me, especially if I'm pushing a pushchair,
is when I have to use the road because cars are using the pavements.
Where can I get those "Pavements are for people" stickers?