Old February 19th 08, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Councils block in illegit driveways

Boltar (Boltar ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Brutal but effective. If Brent and Harrow council really did attempt to
contact the offending residents - and did so at least more than

Another small minded petty victory for a bunch of little hitlers. Why
shouldn't people park in on their own property if they want to or is
that a priviledge reserved for the middle classes with proper drives?

It's a right reserved for those with vehicular access to their drives.
Which is signified, legally, by a drop kerb. Which must be installed by
the council.

If it was my car I'd be off down the plant hire shop for an angle
grinder and dump the bollards in front of the councils offices along
with an invoice for the grinder hire plus any lost income from not
having a car available and lost working hours.

Cool. They'll have plenty of evidence for the criminal damage case
against you.

Only if they're badly made in the first place. Also some suburban roads
are so narrow that if people don't park in their drives or on the
pavements the road would be effectively blocked to anything on 4 wheels
larger than a go kart.

Then parking in the road is illegal, as it would cause an obstruction.