Old November 15th 03, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew P Smith Andrew P Smith is offline

Default More troublesome bus drivers

In article , Nick Cooper
writes
On 15 Nov 2003 15:36:35 +0000, jasonr (Jason Rumney) @ f2s.com wrote:

"Bluestars" writes:

My comments:

If this happened on a London bus I think some passengers would not have
reacted as calmly as the citizens of Weymouth.

I posted a version of this story to uk.legal. under the heading
'Bus passengers detained and searched', for reaction, as I intuitively I did
not think the actions of the driver and the police were as legal as the
police maintained.

Lets say one of those passengers happened to have £60 in their
pocket. How were the police to know whose £60 it was?

I suppose it would depend on if it was in three £20 notes, or all
entirely in coins!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

I'd like to know how the bus driver was able to detain his passengers.
The doors have release switches, and I suspect the driver had no right
to detain the passengers anyway. What did he do - citizens arrest them
all????
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this