Old February 20th 08, 06:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default How to terminate a North-South HSL in London?

In message
, at
14:25:31 on Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Mizter T remarked:
Well, if anyone on utl or misc.transport.urban-transit is reading this
then I they won't be aware of the context - which basically came from
a pretty pie-in-the-sky discussion of where a London terminus/through
station for a new British north-south high speed line would be
located. Euston appears to be the most realistic suggestion, if a new
HSL ever actually got built

Given that the tracks to Euston divert almost literally half way round
northern London (starting let's say in the Wembley area) I have no idea
why it's such an "obvious" place to terminate a new line.