Old November 15th 03, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

And which group of disrupters are you going to take on next? Football
clubs? Pop groups? The Lord Mayor of London? The Stop Bush march, like
sporting, entertainment and pageantry events, are legal and we just have
to put up with the inconvenience that they cause.

Matthew

Living close to Stamford Bridge, I am seriously contemplating the first group
you mention - I cannot leave my home whenever Chelsea play "at home" and if I
am foolish enough to try to drive home before the match has finished, I can
expect to sit in my car for anything up to 2 hours waiting for a car space to
become available. It often takes 2 hours for dispersal even after the match
has finished: all streets between Fulham Road and Wandsworth and Putney Bridges
are in complete gridlock.

Pop groups and the Lord Mayor of London (if you mean Ken, he is not a "Lord"
Mayor) cause me no inconvenience and other events, like Jubilee or Remembrance
parades are usually at week-ends or public holidays, so cause no disruption to
my work.

Marc.