Old February 20th 08, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default oyster bus travel and price capping

On 20 Feb, 20:10, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Is there any difference between national rail oyster PAYG routes and
london overground routes as far as touching in and out is concerned?

No.

and is there a way to make the TFL website route thingy include oyster
PAYG rail routes? I can only see it including all rail routes, or not.

No.

one of my regular journeys is Hackney to Horley which I usually do via
bus to london bridge on PAYG and then buy a paper return ticket to
horley which lets me come back via either london bridge or victoria
(which can be handy for me), is it possible to get a travel card that
includes as far out as horley? is that a cheaper option than my 2x90p
plus £9.10 paper ticket? anything else I can do to cheapen this route?
I do it a couple of days per month on average and never during morning
peak.

Off-peak Z1-6 Travelcard is £7 plus a Cheap Day Return from Boundary
Zone 6 to Horley for ca. £5. Not cheaper, but gives you unlimited
travel throughout London for the day.

the local shops sell travelcards so I could easily buy one before
starting the journey. can they be loaded onto my PAYG oyster and if so
can they be charged to my PAYG account or do I have to pay there and
then?

Weekly and longer Travelcards can be loaded onto your card, but you
still have to pay cash. Day Travelcards on Oyster don't exist.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London