Old February 20th 08, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MarkVarley - MVP MarkVarley - MVP is offline

Default oyster bus travel and price capping

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:45:25 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant
wrote this gibberish:

On 20 Feb, 20:10, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Is there any difference between national rail oyster PAYG routes and
london overground routes as far as touching in and out is concerned?

No.

cool

and is there a way to make the TFL website route thingy include oyster
PAYG rail routes? I can only see it including all rail routes, or not.

No.

Bugger.

one of my regular journeys is Hackney to Horley which I usually do via
bus to london bridge on PAYG and then buy a paper return ticket to
horley which lets me come back via either london bridge or victoria
(which can be handy for me), is it possible to get a travel card that
includes as far out as horley? is that a cheaper option than my 2x90p
plus £9.10 paper ticket? anything else I can do to cheapen this route?
I do it a couple of days per month on average and never during morning
peak.

Off-peak Z1-6 Travelcard is £7 plus a Cheap Day Return from Boundary
Zone 6 to Horley for ca. £5. Not cheaper, but gives you unlimited
travel throughout London for the day.

will keep it in mind but not likely of any use to me in this case.

the local shops sell travelcards so I could easily buy one before
starting the journey. can they be loaded onto my PAYG oyster and if so
can they be charged to my PAYG account or do I have to pay there and
then?

Weekly and longer Travelcards can be loaded onto your card, but you
still have to pay cash. Day Travelcards on Oyster don't exist.

thank you! much appreciated.

--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk