Old February 20th 08, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Councils block in illegit driveways

In message , Tom
Anderson writes
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Ian Jelf wrote:

In message
,
Boltar writes
On 19 Feb, 18:27, MIG wrote:
I am wondering what legislation allows street parking anyway. I mean,
you can't store other furniture in the street that you can't fit in
Its called road fund tax. You don't generally find funiture driving
down the road.

The Christmas before last I was doing an evening Ghost Walk in Oxford.

As the group and I crossed over the Oxford Canal, a procession of
motorised office furniture (desks, takes and one filing cabinet)

'takes'?

"Tables". Sorry; long day. (Taunton then Bridgwater!)

drove across the bridge, all driven by people dressed as Father
Christmas.

File under 'normal for Oxford'.

Quite!
--