Old November 15th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

Well that opinion ought (a) to be expressed in a way that does not
cause massive inconvenience to others and (b) not to the guest but
to those who invited him.

For (a), what way is this that you're suggesting? How should they
express their opinion?

For (b), what nonsense. They disagree with Bush and yet you're
suggesting they shouldn't attempt to express their opinion to Bush but
instead to Blair. I suppose next time I disagree with you I should
express this disagreement to the manufacturer of your computer.

(a) Hire the Albert Hall or some other venue and shou, rant, community singing,
burn effigies or whatever, but don't do it so that Central London is put into
gridlock.

(b) Whether you like it or not, Bush is a GUEST in this Country at the
invitation of Blair. Call me old-fashioned, but it just rankles with me that
someone invited to this Country should not be the subject of the sort of
attacks that seem to be being prepared for Bush.

I don't particularly like the huge number of asylum seekers who are in this
Country, but they are here whether I like it or not, and for me to be beastly
towards them whenever I see them would serve no purpose whatsoever. If I were
to take issue with anyone it would be with either the governments of the
countries from which they came or our Government for allowing them to stay.

Marc.