Old February 21st 08, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default oyster bus travel and price capping

On 21 Feb, 17:36, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:26:33 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote this gibberish:

On 21 Feb, 05:22, James Farrar wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:04:36 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:45:25 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant
wrote this gibberish:

On 20 Feb, 20:10, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Is there any difference between national rail oyster PAYG routes and
london overground routes as far as touching in and out is concerned?

No.

cool

Specifically, "London Overground" is just one company that operates
"National Rail" trains.

Yes, but...

In terms of passenger facing communications TfL does refer to "London
Overground" separately from "National Rail" services - passengers who
don't know the story behind all this are thus quite entitled to think
of London Overground as being a different beast from National Rail.

snipped

As someone who knows buggerall about who runs what and what is
technically what I see 'London Overground' as an oyster payg rail
service like the underground and 'national rail' as 'need to buy a
ticket'.

Quite - and that was exactly the point I was trying to make in
response to James Farrar!

Of course, the world isn't ever quite that simple! As I pointed out
earlier there are a limited number of National Rail routes on which
you can use Oyster PAYG - however since January several have been
added (including all the Chiltern and c2c routes within London plus
some of the 'one' railway routes) and more are in the pipeline.
Unfortunately this is a slow process, and is progressing on a TOC by
TOC* basis.

Anyway, for full information on which National Rail routes you can
currently use Oyster PAYG on, including a link to a map, go to this
TfL webpage:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/5823.aspx

One day, eventually, it will be possible to use it on all National
Rail routes in London.

-----
* TOC = Train Operating Company