Old February 21st 08, 09:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

In message
,
allan tracy writes

Pretty dubious reason for taking pictures though the photographer
sounds like a complete t**t.

But is that an excuse for violence? I believe that there is never an
excuse for violence.

Of course not but there can be no doubt that his activity was bound to
lead to some tube passengers becoming upset.

It was a good job he wasn't aiming his camera at young children or
specifically at women as he may well have found himself the subject of
a wholly different type of police investigation

I doubt it as neither of those activities is illegal, as has been
debated here many times. Inadvisable maybe, for reasons that have now
happened; but not illegal. Even if the police had been "interested"
they wouldn't; have pursued the matter, at least if it was on a public
highway. (If as seems to be the case here, it was in a station, then
other "rules" come into play.)

(if the tube
passengers hadn't got to him first).

I feel very unhappy these days taking photographs of buses and indeed of
streets and buildings because the world has gone mad with fear about
what photographers are up to.

If we want to photograph street scenes, as has been done since the dawn
of photography, then we can.

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK