Old February 22nd 08, 12:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default oyster bus travel and price capping

On 21 Feb, 23:11, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

On 21 Feb, 19:40, "Paul Scott" wrote:

"tim (not at home)" wrote:

"MIG" wrote in message
Because TfL wants daily capping to make day travelcards redundant.
Trouble is, all the rules are operating as if NR accepts PAYG, even
though that wished-for situation is years away.
I think you've misspelt, decades

Er.. January 2009 within the London Fare zonal area.

That's what TfL is hoping for, which doesn't mean it is going to
happen. Mr Thant, on his weblog entry that summarises the February TfL
board meeting, describes the roll out of Oyster PAYG as being
"pencilled in for next January"...
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...board-papers-m...

Some of the TOCs might thus still be wielding their erasers.

Sure, I've seen all that [I've snipped it] - the previous poster's view was
that it will take decades, ie more than 20 years...

Paul S

Some comments on the Oystercard rollout on London Overground at

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/document/3136/get