Old February 22nd 08, 03:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default [OT] BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

Offramp wrote:
The picture at the site looks like a man, and the police are looking
for a man, so why the political correctness? Why not say, "his arrest"?

I understand your point. I would suggest that the writer, for reasons of
style or semantics, was avoiding the use of the same pronoun in
proximity for two different people, i.e. "his attacker"/"his arrest"
versus "his attacker"/"their arrest".

This is probably suitable flame war material for alt.english.usage .

ESB