Old February 22nd 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Official vandalism at Barbican

On 22 Feb, 16:14, MIG wrote:
Really, I'm just trying to get at the idea that the objection to
graffiti that makes it "vandalism" need not be influenced by the
artistic merit.

I'd agree 100% with that. While I'd be very pleased if someone painted
a Banksy-type-and-quality work on my property, not everyone has the
same viewpoint (and Banksy himself generally targets derelict/decrepit
walls, rather than causing thousands of pounds' worth of damage to
expensive kit he doesn't own).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org