Old February 22nd 08, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default oyster bus travel and price capping

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:03:32 -0800 (PST), Matthew Dickinson
wrote:

Sure, I've seen all that [I've snipped it] - the previous poster's view
was
that it will take decades, ie more than 20 years...

Well having read Roger Ford's March Informed Sources on ITSO
implementation (or lack thereof) for SWT I'll be astonished if we get
Oyster PAYG done for Jan 2009. Seems like the DfT haven't got a clue
what they've required of the TOCs and everyone is suddenly finding the
"detail" a bit complicated.

Another interpretation is that Oyster will work ages before ITSO -
especially as the new Waterloo gates (170 including the subways according to
NR) will only have magnetic card and Oyster readers, not ITSO.

I'm sure this has been one of your previous predictions?

Paul S