Old February 23rd 08, 04:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Stimpy Stimpy is offline

Default BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:08:06 +0000, Graeme Wall wrote

As for CCTV -- I have no problem with it. I doubt the residents of
Ipswich do either.

But it's unlikely that specific, recognisable images of an individual
person will be released by the CCTV operators, especially if those images
might then end up in a magazine without the subject having signed a
release first.

Happens all the time, just watch Crimewatch.

Given the millions of frames of CCTV footage shot every day, 20 seconds of
footage on Crimewatch once a month is hardly 'all the time' :-)

The key difference is, of course, that CCTV footage showed on Crimewatch has
been released to the police - exactly the reason the cameras were installed
in the first place.