Old February 23rd 08, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Euston London Overground announcements

On Feb 23, 6:57*pm, Jamie Thompson wrote:
I swear the fellow doing the announcements at Euston keeps talking
about the "London Underground service to Watford Junction". I could be
mistaken given the similarity of the names and the poor quality of the
speakers, but I thought LO were big on pushing the LO brand as
separate from both NR and the Underground.

They do seem to say "London Nngground" very indistinctly, and I expect
that this is perceived as "Underground" because it's the expression
that everyone is used to. Or maybe they are hedging their bets.