Old February 23rd 08, 08:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

On 23 Feb, 18:02, Michael Hoffman wrote:
[Paul Corfield]

Something needs to be done to resolve the utter nonsense that seems all
too prevalent these days concerning photography, "security" and the
perception of rights to privacy in public places.

[The Real Doctor]

A little more courtesy on the part of photographers would go a long
way.

A little more courtesy would be nice, but I doubt it would have any
effect on resolving the utter nonsense referred to above.

What exactly do you and Paul mean by the "utter nonsense" in this
case? I think it is quite reasonable to expect privacy - in the sense
of "being left alone" in a public place. One very good argument
against ID cards is that one should be free to go anonymously where
one likes, and that, it seems to me, also implies that one should be
free from unwanted photography and other forms of tracking.

The toilets in Euston Station are a public place. Do users of them
have a reasonable expectation of privacy?

Ian