Old February 24th 08, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael[_3_] Michael[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG cap with railcard

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

Don't know for certain but I think the logic is like this.

If you undertook four bus journey they'd be £3.60 in total but capped to
£3. If you then undertook the tube journey as described then if you
also have the Railcard discount activated then the total cap should
reduce to £2.80. I agree it seems odd if you make the bus trips first
then the bus one day cap will be applied first until such time as
another mode is added that might trigger a different product /
geographic gap.

That was my thinking. I am not sure if it is something that was never
noticed, or just considered an anomaly not worth worrying about. For
the sake of saving 20p I cannot see many people going to the time and
effort of adding unnecessary train journeys just to gain this extra
benefit. Let alone the limited circumstances in which it applies - no
zone 1, off peak only, with relevant railcard.

Thanks,

Michael.