Old February 25th 08, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default Wood Green one-way-system plan

John Rowland wrote:
The one-way system is active now. I was right - it has made it a lot easier
to use these roads. I'm wondering if the scheme has been designed and paid
for by Enfield Council, since it will attract ratrunners away from Enfield!

The purpose of one-way systems is to improve the through-put so it's not
that surprising. The original contention was that the anti-'ratrunning'
scheme solely involved the installation of traffic calming measures. The
one-way scheme was, AFAICR, an entirely independent development - but
these had been lumped together in the minds of some. The fact that one
may undo the effects of the other is just local government in action.

ESB