Old February 25th 08, 10:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:46:13 on
Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Charles Ellson remarked:
If you see a sign, for instance, that says, "This
is a prohibited place within the meaning of the Act"

I wish signs like that would say *which* Act.

IME they are usually "headlined" with the Act's name if worded as
above.

"Prohibited place" signs on the barbed wire outside a military base
might, but I don't think the ones (eg on the doors to checkin hall) at
civilian airports purporting to ban photography do. The signs in (eg)
immigration purporting to ban use of cameras and mobile phones don't
either.

On a tour of Terminal 5 we all took photos of the no photos signs,
because we could.

Maybe I should take a photo of one of the notices next time I see them -
from the public side of the line in the sand, obviously

Italy appears to go in for signs saying things like
"Keep off the grass
(act 12345/678 a90(b) (1974))"

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK