Old February 26th 08, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Construction News Photograph - Where is it?

On Feb 26, 12:32*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 26 Feb, 11:37, MIG wrote:

However, it doesn't look anything like how I would imagine Shoreditch
to be.

It certainly isn't Shoreditch, or anywhere on the East London Line
(the only outdoor station with double track was Surrey Quays, and it
ain't there)

I'm guessing somewhere at the eastern end of the District.

I'd guess Woodford or somewhere around there, but it's not somewhere I
recognise.

Definitely not Woodford. It might conceivably be somewhere like
Newbury Park, looking south, given the main road, footbridge and
general lowness. But it's so long since I've been there, I can't
remember what it's actually like.

But I thought the platforms looked a bit high for a tube line. Maybe
not.