Old November 16th 03, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
rob rob is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

"Mait001" wrote in message
So what are you saying, you can't be an "ordinary person" if you
demonstrate?

No doubt some demonstrators are "ordinary" people but, I firmly believe,

the
vast majority of "ordinary" people do not demonstrate - ever.

Marc.

Hear hear. I agree totally with you! Quite frankly it is wishful thinking to
try to argue that the "anti-war" feeling was that strong. Given the total
population of the UK, I do not recall the country grinding to a halt in a
way it would have done so, had most of its adult population joined a
demonstration. There are other ways of expressing opinions to parading in
the streets.

Robert Griffith