Old February 26th 08, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Construction News Photograph - Where is it?

On Feb 26, 2:26*pm, wrote:
On 26 Feb, 11:37, MIG wrote:

On Feb 26, 11:08 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mwmbwls wrote:
http://www.cnplus.co.uk/imageGallery...m:18-753594&pa...

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/News/2008/02...y_maintenance_....

quote

East London Railway maintenance works advertised
· Published: 18 February 2008 09:17
· Author: Alasdair Reisner
London Underground has advertised the contract to look after the £800
million railway, which is currently being built by a Balfour Beatty/
Carillion joint venture for completion in September 2009.

Puzzle of the day - where was the picture that accompanies this
article taken?

SIgn in required unfortunately...

For the first link it isn't. *If that picture was taken on the ELL, it
would have to be a station I haven't been to recently, which would
make Shoreditch the only possiblity.

However, it doesn't look anything like how I would imagine Shoreditch
to be.

So it could be anywhere on LU ... I know some stations that it isn't.

I'm guessing somewhere at the eastern end of the District.- Hide quoted text -

No. The lines around there are all four track, because of the
Fenchurch Street line.

We are pretty sure it's Newbury Park, but there are several District
stations where the C2C tracks are walled off and from that angle you
wouldn't be able to see them (eg Bromley by Bow, Upton Park etc). The
stations are only on the District and the lines are completely
segregated (as on the Watford line).