Old February 26th 08, 02:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
02:06:51 on Tue, 26 Feb 2008, The Real Doctor
remarked:
The police should protect both, or prosecute either, depending on who is
actually the more threatening (to the other). Not as a result of some
perceived but non-existent threat.

Surely the whole point about a threat is perception? If you don't feel
threatened, it isn't a threat.

It's not nearly as simple as that. I could feel threatened by people in
baseball caps, but that doesn't excuse me kicking up a huge fuss if one
came near me in the park.

And if the cap wearers had no bad intentions towards you then there
would be no actual threat even if you felt one. Conversely one could
blithely wander into places where other people would know there was a
real threat even though you were unaware of it.

Sam