Old February 27th 08, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default The barriers at Euston platforms 8-11 cannot cope

On Feb 26, 10:43 pm, Tim Woodall wrote:
The barriers at Euston platforms 8-11 cannot cope with the volume of
people trying to get through them.

I've not been stuck as far back as you seem to be -- most of the
trains I get from LBZ to EUS in peak are fast ones, arrive outside of
the locals, or I get off at Harrow (which is hard work), but last time
I took a train (packed 09:40 arriving c.10:10 into Euston, first
offpeak from MKC and north I believe), it took me 5 minutes to get
from the back of the train to the waiting overground ~10:17 departure
for stations north on platform 9.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/img_00000010.jpeg
is a still from my bike camera (sorry the quality isn't very good but
gives some idea, especially if you already know the layout of these
platforms.)

What camera?

/me just been shaken by an earthquake. In Bedfordshire. Shocking.