Old November 16th 03, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

"rob" wrote the following in:

"Mait001" wrote in message
So what are you saying, you can't be an "ordinary person" if you
demonstrate?

No doubt some demonstrators are "ordinary" people but, I firmly
believe,

the
vast majority of "ordinary" people do not demonstrate - ever.

Marc.

Hear hear. I agree totally with you! Quite frankly it is wishful
thinking to try to argue that the "anti-war" feeling was that
strong. Given the total population of the UK, I do not recall the
country grinding to a halt in a way it would have done so, had
most of its adult population joined a demonstration. There are
other ways of expressing opinions to parading in the streets.

What you write above is totally nonsensical, incoherent and
inconsistent. You argue that anti-war feeling wasn't strong because the
UK didn't grind to a halt as a result of the demonstration. You then
argue that there ways of expressing opinions other than demonstrating.
If that's the case then why on earth are you trying to say that anti-
war feeling wasn't strong on the basis of participation in a
demonstration?

0/10 for intelligence

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!