Old February 28th 08, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default DLR Oyster validator

On 28 Feb, 07:43, Old Central wrote:
OK I am a regular Underground and Tramlink user but whenever I visit
DLR, (WIQ, West India Quay, and GAR, Gallions Reach) I often fail to
touch out.

As an occasional visitor to London, with Oyster PAYG, I'm never sure
what to do on Tube-DLR transfers. At Bank, there are lots of signs
saying "always touch", so I always do.

But I did Central-DLR at Stratford the other week. Mindful of Bank, I
touched as I went past the validator on the platform. On the DLR
train, there was an inspector who told me I shouldn't have used that
validator - I should have just walked straight from Tube to DLR.

And then at Cutty Sark, I found myself going up and up and wondering
where the validator would be to touch out, worrying that I had already
missed it.

Not ideal. (But overall I have to say Oyster PAYG is still great as an
infrequent visitor; I much prefer it to paper ticketing with
travelcards.)

Sam