Old February 29th 08, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Which bus Embankment Gardens to the Royal Albert Hall?

On 2008-02-29, Reg M wrote:

Thanks for the response but unless I have misread the map the
Embankment Gardens I referred to is just west of Chelsea Bridge, the
north side of the river on Chelsea Embankment. It appears on the map
just below the Royal Hospital Chelsea.

Reg M

If you walk along Chelsea Embankment towards Chelsea Bridge, there is a
sort of roundabout at an entrance to the grounds of the Royal Hospital.
There is a bus stop there for the 360 towards the Albert Hall. It
terminates in Prince Consort Road behind the Albert Hall - get off the
bus and walk further along the road, you will see the hall on your left.

When returning it is probably best to use the stop in Queensgate just
south of Kensington Road. You will need to get off in Chelsea Bridge
Road at the Lister Hospital, as the bus in that direction does not enter
Chelsea Embankment at all, but turns left just before the bridge into
Grosvenor Road.

hth

Eric

Does the 360 really only serve stop CH - that's the bus stop outside
the entrance to the Royal Hospital that you describe - only in *one*
direction? I have to say I think it's very silly if it does! One gets
the impression that this stop is provided for the benefit of the
Chelsea Pensioners at the Hospital, but this would mean that they can
only benefit from northbound buses serving it.