Old February 29th 08, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Which bus Embankment Gardens to the Royal Albert Hall?

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:40:14 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

Right, yes, as Laurence Payne points out upthread the critical clue
that both I and Paul Corfield missed was that you want to get there
from Chelsea Embankment!

Spectacularly!

Take a look at this bus spider map for Chelsea Bridge (PDF):
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...ital-13620.pdf

[snip]
The map also shows the 360 stopping at stop CH on a little loop of
road just off Chelsea Embankment - this is the location of some gates
that lead into the Royal Hospital. Very confusingly, the map indicates
that the 360 only stops here when going northbound - I have to say
that I do strongly suspect this is a mistake and that the bus calls
here in both directions, but I cannot find anything to confirm my
suspicion.

I think there is a traffic restriction from Grosvenor Rd into Chelsea
Bridge road that prevents a right turn for the 360. Therefore it
continues along and then turns at stop CH. This is a guess on my part
but would explain the one direction only .

--
Paul C