Old March 1st 08, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Construction News Photograph - Where is it?

In article
,
(MIG) wrote:

On 29 Feb, 10:36, Bill Hayles wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:24 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

My 1971 Q stock photo shows the second platform out of use even

then.

The second platform closed in 1928.
The track was removed soon after through services to Liverpool
Street ceased in 1966.

Source: "East London Line" by Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith.

I can remember the track being used by through freight in "F"
stock days.

I am not old enough to remember 1928. I wonder how soon after 1966?
I must have just been there very briefly in the 1970s, seen the space
through a crowd and assumed that there was a track in the other
platform.

You could have thought there was track if you didn't see the ground. The
other platform didn't look that derelict.

--
Colin Rosenstiel