Old March 1st 08, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Construction News Photograph - Where is it?

In article ,
() wrote:

"Bill Hayles" wrote in message

The second platform closed in 1928.
The track was removed soon after through services to Liverpool
Street ceased in 1966.

Source: "East London Line" by Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith.

I can remember the track being used by through freight in "F"
stock days.

Was freight ever carried on the London Underground, even if it was
in off hours?

To add the comments of others, I clearly remember seeing occasional
freights passing through Earl's Court on my way home from school in the
lat 50s/early 60s. Presumably return movements from High St Ken.

--
Colin Rosenstiel