Old March 1st 08, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default W Thamesmead (Belmarsh on river) to Bishopsgate & Bermondsey

kenw wrote:
Sorry to be a bore, but we're planning a move to West Thamesmead
(that's the area between HMP Belmarsh and the river, not the original
T'mead).

For Mrs W, journey planner suggests 380 or 244 to Plumstead, train to
London Br then bus/walk over the bridge to Bishopsgate (on foot short
cut to her office in Devonshire Sq)

For me, likewise to Plm then 472 to North Greenwich for the Jubilee to
Bermondsey.

Any better ideas?

BTW if anyone is in that area and gets hungry the pub opposite the
prison [? ex Chef & B?] has had a big refurb and now does a passable
carvery for just £3.99 Mon-Sat. I gather this is the "latest" format
from M&B. A case of back to the future?

I saw a programme (Despatches, I think) about a woman who bought a flat in
Tideslea Path for 300 grand which turned out to be only worth 200 grand...
It seems like the area is as bad as the original Thamesmead.