Old March 1st 08, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Disused Wembley Central platforms

Jamie Thompson wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knew what the disused platform(s) on the
outside of the slow lines at Wembley Central were used for? I'm
especially curious as they are on the London side, which, given the
proximity to London of Wembley, seems a little strange, so I assume
they were parcel platform(s)?

I don't know, but wonder if they were brought into use in 1948 for the
Olympics, when Wembley & Sudbury became Wembley Central and was
generally tarted up.

Peter Beale