Old November 16th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
jasonr (Jason Rumney) @ f2s.com wrote:
"Nigel Pendse" writes:

I meant Tube in the specific sense of LU's trains for deep
bore tunnels. I think sub-surface LU stock (A, C or D
stock) do make a different sound, presumably because
they're a bit heavier and also move differently on their
(softer?) suspensions. The firmer suspensions of Tube
stocks probably excite different resonances.

It is a long time since I was on that stretch of Jubilee
Line, so you
might be right. District line trains make roughly the same
noise as
Picadilly approaching the station though. OTOH, I can
definitely hear
the difference between District line trains and North
London line
trains at Gunnersbury.

Perhaps someone should release a "Best Of" album?

Please, not even in jest...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have